You Are Spiritually Challenged If:
1) You Read Christian Messages And Scripture By Reading
For Five Minutes, Take A Nap, Then Read For Five More Minutes, Continuing This Process Until You Are Done. (Matthew 5:10)
(You Might Apply The Same To The Reading Of This Message.)
2) You Read Only The First Paragraph, Then Comment About
The Whole Article.
3) You Don't Read The Message At All But Then Comment As
If You Did.
4) You Think That Because You Are In A Majority Of Spiritually
Challenged Folks, That You Must Be Correct. (Matthew 7:13)
5) You Black Out When Listening To Spiritual Speakers Or
Writers, Other Than Oprah. (1 Timothy 4; 2 Timothy 3:7)
6) You Think There Is Something To The DUH Vinci Code Because
Ron Howard Made A Movie About It. (Romans 1:22)
7) You Cannot Make Any Sense Of The Plain Sense. (1 Corinthians
2:14: Romans 1:19ff)
8) You Know That If God Was In Your Image He Would Be Much More Interesting. (2 Timothy 3:1)
9) The Creature Fascinates You While The Creator Sends You
To The Land Of Nod. (Romans 1:25)
10) You Think Deep Pockets Chopra Is Profound Because He
Is From India And Talks Slower.
11) Nothing Irritates You More Than Someone Who ISN'T Wishy
Washy And Knows What They Believe.
12) You Think You Understand The 'Wide' But Cannot Get A
Grip On The 'Deep' Part. (1 Corinthians 2:10)
13) You Think That 'Touched By An Angle' Is Right On Target.
14) You Think That Understanding The Mechanics Of The Rainbow
Also Makes The Son Shine Behind It, Irrelevant. (Romans 1:22-25)
15) You Really Believe 'Faith In Faith' Is Enough. (2 Timothy
16) When You Don't Like What God Has To Say That You Can
Opt For Plan B. (2 Timothy 3:7)
17) You Believe That Had God Presented His Messages In Palatable
Three Minute Snippets He Would Have Been Much More Successful. (John 6:66)
18) You Believe That The World Religions Are Compatible,
They Just Haven't Figured That Out Yet. (Revelation 17)
19) You Know The Bible Would Have Gone Over Better Had God
Given A Brief Summary Of Each Book.
20) You Don't Think Any One Will Notice If You Disagree
With Christians Without Giving Any Specific Examples. (Romans 1:20-22)
21) You Are Thinking About Producing A Bible, Which Is In
The Format Of USA Today, That Takes Out All References To Sin And A Saviour.
22) You Think The 'Jesus Seminar' Was Convened To Talk About
23) You Think You Or Your Organization Better Communicates
Truth Than God Did. (2 Timothy 2:15; 3:16,17)
24) Think That Opposing Bush But Praising Castro, AquaDinnerJacket,
And Chavez Will Solve The World's Ills.
25) Beam With Pride When Shutting Down A Nuclear Plant In
The United States, But Aren't Extremely Concerned About The Nuclear Plants In Islamic And Communist Nations.
26) Think That 'Laying Down Ones Sword And Shield' Happens
On the Old Earth.
27) You Think it is all right for you to pick and choose
what to spiritualize in scripture, but the Liberals are not allowed that same luxury. (2 Peter 3:16)
28) You Think 'The View' Is A Spiritual Show.
29) You Think Your Inability And Lack Of Desire To Read
Spiritual Messages Is Someone Elses Fault.
30) You Respond To A Message That A Child Could Understand
With, 'So What's Your Point?' (Matthew 19:13,14)
31) You Think You Can Reject The One Described In John One,
But Still Understand What He Says. (John 1:1-5)
32) You Think You Can Preach 'Another Jesus' (1 Cor. 11),
And That Won't Affect The Corresponding Message Or Your Understanding Of It. (Galatians 1:8,9)
34) Don't Think Your Lifestyle Influences Your Ability To
Understand Spiritual Things. (Romans 1:18)
35) You Think That Because The Watchmaker Isn't Holding
The Watch In His Hand That The Watch Must Have Made Itself.
36) You Think That God Will Excuse You Because You Like
To Party More Than Read Life And Death Messages. (Revelation 3:14-20)
37) You Think You Can Reject The 'Spirit Of Truth' And Still
Understand Truth. (Acts 5:3,4; Acts 13:1,2; John 14:17)
"Bear in mind that
our Lord's patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. 16
He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that
are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their
(2 Peter 3)
"Go to this people
and say, "You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving."
27 For this people's heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their
eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal
them.' 28 "Therefore I want you to know that God's salvation has been sent to the Gentiles, and they will listen!"